Debtfocus Business Recovery and Insolvency Ltd
- This policy summarises the key points about how Debtfocus Business Recovery and Insolvency Ltdcollects, uses and discloses personal data and ensures compliance with the laws and regulations throughout the United Kingdom where we operate.
- More information can be provided upon request from our Data Protection Manual. Available upon request
- We are committed to ensuring that your data is processed correctly and is protected. This policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you provide.
- You can be assured that all personal information will only be used in accordance with this policy, the Data Protection Act and the principles of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What is Personal data?
- Personal data is information (including opinions) which relates to an individual and from which he or she can be identified either directly or indirectly through other data which the firm has or is likely to have in its possession. These individuals are sometimes referred to as data subjects.
Debtfocuslimited.co.uk (“the Website”) is operated by Debtfocus Business Recovery and Insolvency Ltd (“Debtfocus”).
The following now provides an overview of how we protect your privacy during your visit to our websites.
Personal Information We Gather
Personal information is gathered from you in two ways: (a) directly (for example if you submit an online form, or otherwise supply any personal details to us); and (b) indirectly (for example, through our website’s technology).
We will obtain personal information about you directly (such as your name, email address, phone number, amount of debt, etc.) whenever you volunteer this information by completing an online form on our website or by speaking to a member of our staff. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the websites. The sites collect only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. Such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, job title, company address, email address and telephone and fax numbers.
We do not usually seek sensitive information (e.g. data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation) from visitors. We will, where necessary, obtain visitors’ explicit consent to collect and use such information.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you sign up to our enewsletter, request a free consultation, purchase goods or services or contact us for any reason. If you volunteer such information you will be consenting to our processing it for the purposes specified.
By providing us with your email address, you are agreeing to receive the Focus Insolvency Group enewsletter. Our enewsletter will contain useful information on your debt options as well as promotions and special offers we feel may be of interest to you. Your email address will only be used to deliver our enewsletter to you and will not be passed onto any third-party without your prior consent.
If you request a debt consultation with us, then your email address, name, phone number and other details you provide may be shared with selected third-parties who we believe may be able to assist with working towards a solution to your debt. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by phone, e-mail and SMS messaging. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let a member of our team know.
When we refer your details to a third party-company, we may receive financial compensation for doing so. However, we do not charge you for this introduction. Your consultation is always free, but fees will apply if you choose to enter into a debt programme. These fees will be made clear by your advisor prior to your enrolment.
Moreover, we will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Debtfocus Business Recovery and Insolvency Ltdor substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
By entering into a debt solution with us you are consenting to the release of relevant information to third parties.
To opt out of the Debtfocus Business Recovery and Insolvency Ltdenewsletter, simply click the “unsubscribe” link that is included at the bottom of every email we send you. We will remove you from our newsletter within a maximum of 10 calendar days, but usually much sooner.
To opt out of marketing communications from our third-party partners you may contact each of them directly with this request. You may also ask us to communicate on your behalf to our debt relief partners that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your request, and provide enough information in order for us to identify you (e.g. your name, email address, phone number, etc). If your objection is not to marketing in general, but to marketing by a particular channel, such as email or telephone, then please specify the channel to which you are objecting.
Undertaking Anti-Money Laundering checks:
To comply with money laundering regulations, there are times when we need to confirm the identity of our customers in order to satisfy our requirements. To satisfy our requirements an electronic Anti Money Laundering check may be completed on our customers.
Access to Information
We are dedicated to providing reasonable access to visitors who wish to review the personal information retained, if any. In all cases we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or do not feel that your concerns have been addressed, please direct your questions to our website administrator via email@example.com.